At 5'2" and 257 pounds I was not exactly at my optimal healthy weight. After years of this being my burden, my weakness, my protection, my constant companion, and my continual excuse and failure, I'm taking my life, my health, and my control back! Healthy Lifestyle - HERE I COME!
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Secret Desire - Triathamom 2013
It's true - I have a secret desire to participate in "Triathamom" next summer. I know it seems utterly and completely impossible with my dreadful track record of sticking to absolutely nothing except loving my boys! Plus I'm 120 lbs heavier than I want to be/should be. Oh, and did I mention in the worse physical condition I've ever been in - like winded EASILY, tired A LOT, and basically a major wimp! 1 mile on a bike just about kills me, no I mean it. 1 baby mile! Walking to school and back (abt 2 miles) - can't wait to hit the couch. Swimming a lap and back - heavy breathing and screaming muscles. SO... triathamom is a 5k run (I never run - but maybe I can walk it), 300m swim (approximately 4 times as many laps as I currently swim without stopping), and a 13 mile bike ride - did you hear that? Nay read that?! 13 miles!!!! I know - it's pitiful that those relatively small amounts are overwhelming and undoable for me, but them are the facts folks. Thus, even contemplating such a task as a triathalon - even a mini one, is absolutely ridiculoso!! And yet....I really kind of want to. Now I've wanted to lose 100 pounds for years now and have only gained back what I did lose, plus a few new hanger-oners. I'm great with lots of fabulous ideas, but horrible on follow-through. Impossible. And yet....Maybe....Maybe this time....I kind of want to succeed this time. Truly. I can't do it by myself. I'll need the Lord's help undoubtedly. I love food. I love sweets - really love them. I am an addictive eater. Food is my drug and I am a full-on abuser. I'm in such horrible shape that any work-out seems, well, completely overwhelming. And yet.....I have really enjoyed swimming and water aerobics this summer. If we keep on going a couple times a week....If I pray - a lot! If I just get in a few good habits - one at a time. If I take it step by step, prayer by prayer, day by day. If I visualize myself there with every work-out - or every time I'm sitting on the couch not wanting to work out. Maybe. For now I think I'll just think of the possibility of a triathalon one work-out at a time. Nebulous - out there - an unknown possibility - up to now unreachable - but exploring the possibility. Triathamom 2013 - I think I'll try to meet you there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment